Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cute Owls

About a month ago, Roeshel posted this beautiful PB Inspired Easter Vignette where she showed how she painted several bunnies to match her decor. I loved that idea - and when I saw these adorable (yet kind of gaudy) owls in the Target $1 section, I knew I could do something similar.

Cute but not-so-great owls

Aren't they cute? But I knew they'd be cuter with a little love - and paint.

I painted them using a sage green acrylic paint I had in my stash (several coats) and then I rubbed on a little glitter glaze I had on hand as well, to give them a bit of shine. Now they look perfect on my new mantel.

Cute Painted Owls - www.MightyCrafty.me
Owls all painted up

Cute Painted Owls - www.MightyCrafty.me
Perfect addition to the mantel

Linking up to these parties:

Domestically Speaking

4 comments:

  1. This is too cute! Lately I've had an obsession with owls, and that is amazing you found these guys for only a dollar! Love the color you chose as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! I love owls lately too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have owls through out my home all in Heirloom White, recently I had been thinking of re-painting some, the color you chose would work well in my kitchen! Tks for sharing...They are just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sherry! It's an easy thing to do to transform older items - I've been on the lookout for more figurines like these to makeover.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...