Monday, January 02, 2012

Christmas Home Tour

I know Christmas 2011 is officially over, but I thought I would finally get my Christmas decor photos posted. (Resolution for next year - post this earlier!) Let's start in the foyer...


I posted about this wreath already, but this is what you see first when you step through our front door. A bright and cheery spot.


Next is our living room. This was our first Christmas in our new house, and we put our tree up in the living room. The boys love to decorate the tree. We had a lot of fun putting up our ornaments and remembering the special memories attached to each one.


The coffee table with Christmas decorations - the photo album is one of my most favorite things. It has our Christmas card photos for every year since the boys were born.


I set up several of my Christmas house on top of the hutch. I used boxes under the snow to elevate them and then put up lights behind them. Very pretty!


Finally, our mantel. Probably my favorite of everything this year.




I made the new Christmas art piece.


I used a $5 garage sale frame and painted it black, sanded it a bit, then varnished it with a very light coat. I covered the background with a pretty silver wrapping paper and put it behind the glass. On top of the glass, I hung the red felt star (from Target). Very easy and very cute, I think.


I also made the garland for the mantel. The evergreen garland itself is a cheap one from Jo-Ann's. I added two long red berry swags and a strand of lights. The pine cones are actually light covers from another strand of lights that I used here instead. I also stuck some Christmas holly picks in the garland after I hung it on the mantel.


I also framed a few new stitching projects I finished up this year.


"Home for the Holidays" is a free pattern from You Can Make This.com. I love the red with the turquoise - such happy, festive colors.


The Santa cross-stitch is a kit from Jo-Ann's. Very simple but cute.

At night, the lights on the tree and the mantel make everything look beautiful.





That's it for our Christmas tour - hope you had a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...