Wednesday, July 04, 2012

4x6 Photo Love Sketch Layout

Happy 4th of July! We are having a laid back day today, after shooting off most of our fireworks last night. So I'm taking a few minutes to do a quick layout share...

I'm a huge fan of Shimelle Laine at Shimelle.com. She's an incredible scrapbooking artist and Two Peas Garden Girl. She shares so much at her website each day, and I love to see her videos and tutorials.

One of the classes she led last year at Two Peas was 4x6 Photo Love. Each month, she shared a sketch featuring a 4x6 photo - and the number of photos corresponded to the number of the month. So, for November, it was 11 photos on a single layout. Pretty impressive. I loved the November sketch, and it was perfect for a stack of photos I had been wanting to scrap.

Parkville Days Parade layout - www.MightyCrafty.me
Yep, that's a little 3-photo sleeve in the middle.
Parkville Days Parade layout - www.MightyCrafty.me
And here's the back of that little photo sleeve...
I so love this design - genius from Shimelle. Using the 3-photo sleeve in the middle is the perfect way to add up to 6 more photos to a layout. I'm going to be using this technique again, I'm sure.

Parkville Days Parade layout - www.MightyCrafty.me
And here's how it looks without the extra sleeve...
Shimelle does a video to go with each sketch to show how she puts her layout together. I love that she shows you how to create great embellishment collages and gives you more ideas for how to finish off your layout together. She's the best...

Parkville Days Parade layout - www.MightyCrafty.me
Not sure how I didn't notice that Happy tag was off-kilter when I was taking this photo...oh well.
Parkville Days Parade layout - www.MightyCrafty.me


Thank you Shimelle for giving me the inspiration to get this layout put together...

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout! I love pages that have lots of photos. And I agree Shimelle is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica! I have so many photos I want to scrap, so it's great to get so many on a page. I had never thought of putting the little page in the middle. It's made me think of all kinds of new possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...