Friday, August 31, 2012

August 2012 Crafty Round-up

I feel like I just finished up my July round-up and it's already time to write one for August. Probably because I did just finish up my round-up for July - and also because August has flown by in a whirlwind of activity.

So the big news for us - we're moving to Denver, Colorado. It's all happened pretty quickly, but hubby was promoted to a new job based in Denver. Since we just moved to Lincoln from Kansas City about 18 months ago, I wasn't all that thrilled to think of moving again. At all. (In fact, I may have thrown a fit or two.) But the opportunity for Byron was a great one, and the move means we can stay put for the long-term instead of possibly moving from Lincoln a few years from now.

So, we're relocating to Denver - actually, just a little south of Denver to Castle Rock. After a crazy weekend of house-hunting, we've found a wonderful house in Castle Rock that's just 1 block away from the elementary school we wanted. We've already sold our house in Lincoln. Now all that's left are all the last-minute details leading up to closing.

I'm not anticipating a ton of time to be crafty this month - and I'm already mourning the loss of the month of September to put up my fall / Halloween decor. But I know that we'll be settled in our new home by the 1st of October, so it will all be worth it in the end. It might be a little quiet here on the blog from me this month. Just know that I'll be back...

So - what did I get done in August?

I did some paper scrapbooking...


I blogged 2 quick tips for making your own cleaning wipes and Box Top organization.


And we've kept going with our MightyCrafty Mondays link party which is growing each week, thanks to all of you...



So that's it for August. I'm looking forward to lots of change for our family by the end of September...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...