Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Making Use of Feature Papers

You know those beautiful papers you get in some collection kits, where they feature a corner or design element printed right on the paper? I love those papers -- My Mind's Eye makes a lot of them -- but it can be hard to figure out how to use them without covering up those beautiful designs.

The So Cal kit from Studio Calico featured a couple of these papers. In order to showcase those printed feature elements, I used my Kiwi Lane designer templates. I was able to layer my border strips around the design, while combining the colors and papers to coordinate perfectly. The end result is that the printed element looks like an actual embellishment for the page.



On this layout, I used the printed feature element on the background paper to incorporate with my title and date cluster. By layering the embellishments together, it looks like a cohesive embellished piece on the page.



The next time you have a paper that you're hoarding because of the beautiful printed design element you just don't want to cover up, try using your Kiwi Lane designer templates to work around the design, bringing it in as an integrated embellishment for your page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...