Saturday, July 13, 2013

Paper Scrap Layouts

Scrapbookers love paper. And with paper comes paper scraps - those bits and pieces of paper that are good to to throw away. I keep a large bin under my scrap table with all my scraps collected together. It's the first place I reach when I'm punching out shapes or cutting with my Silhouette.

But what happens when your scrap stash gets too big? Or when you have a bunch of pieces left after using a kit or collection? For a quick solution, I have returned many times to the same basic layout sketch.


It's a simple and quick layout - just a large photo or several 4x6s stacked on top of each other. Then just cut your scraps into strips of varying widths and stack them up on the side of the page. You can put them right to the edge or leave a border around the edge.


It looks different each time but still striking...


Then, you're free to embellish - either with lots of fun elements in a cluster...


Or in a more moderate way with stickers and your title...


Or use up your ribbon stash (I know you have one!) and just staple a few to the edge for a very simple embellishment...


I challenge you to make a paper scrap layout with the last remnants of your favorite paper collection. Or, just search through your paper scraps for scraps in the same color family to put together on a page. I would love to see what you create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...