Sunday, July 21, 2013

Studio Calico June 2013 Layouts

I really loved the Studio Calico kit for June 2013 -- Roundabout. I already shared the Project Life layouts I created with the kit. Today, I'm sharing the 12x12 layouts I created with the main kit and one of the add-ons.

This first layout is based on a layout video Jen Gallacher posted a few weeks ago. I loved her layout and wanted to recreate a version of it with the Roundabout kit.


I love how colorful everything ended up being. I had some trouble figuring how to adhere those letters since they're transparent, but staples worked great and added some nice texture.




Next up, another layout based on that same video by Jen Gallacher. I loved it so much, I had to do it again...


On this version, I add more photos. It worked great, while still keeping the sketch of the layout intact.


Next, I created a layout inspired a different Jen Gallacher video. I love the page divided in half with all the file folders at the bottom. I cut the folders with my Silhouette.



A first for me (or at least it's been many years) -- I printed my journaling in a fun typewriter font. Jen does this a lot in her videos and I love the look. I will be doing this again soon.


I created the title with my Silhouette too. For the "Destination" part, I added an arrow through the middle to hold all the letters together. I think I saw that idea on a video by Nichol Magouirk. A great way to use any font without having to weld the letters together completely.


The kit included this awesome summer chalkboard paper (I think it's from Pebbles?). It was too beautiful to cut up, so I built up a mat with paper scraps to showcase just one great photo.


Love the bright colors against the black and white...


The frame stamp and the July font stamp were from the Roundabout kit too. Love both of those...if you look closely, you will see that Adventure frame in three out of the four layouts here. I was pretty proud of myself for stamping so much this month.


And one more layout before I called this kit done. This layout was a fun mash-up of the various papers and elements in the kit. Those black camera are transparent and when I first got them in the kit, I wasn't a big fan. But I love them on this layout.




That's it for the Roundabout kit from Studio Calico. Such a great month from them. I loved the brighter colors and summery travel elements.

What have you been creating? Link it up in the comments, and I will check it out. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...