Monday, November 25, 2013

Practical Scrappers November Layout Sketch

I have recently found another awesome scrapbooking website -- Practical Scrappers. It's run by a group of awesome ladies, one of whom I met through Kiwi Lane's design team. I love how the world of scrapbooking is all connected by our love of creating stuff with paper and showcasing our family memories. Practical Scrappers features daily inspiration about all areas of scrapbooking and paper crafts. There's so much there -- you have to check it out!

Today, I'm sharing a layout I created, inspired by the November layout sketch at Practical Scrappers. I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to create the layout anyway. :) Here's the sketch:

November layout sketch from PracticalScrappers.blogspot.com

I love this sketch -- especially those banners and polaroid frames. So, based on the sketch, I created this layout:


I had these photos and this paper collection just waiting for the right layout. I love how it turned out. I used papers from the Here + There collection from Studio Calico and American Crafts Dolce Thickers in aqua and orange. The number stickers and the flair button are from Kelly Purkey at Simon Says Stamp. I used quite a few dies on this layout, which was fun. (I need to do that more often!) The small white alpha letters are cut from the Sticky Note alpha from Quickutz, and the polaroids are from a Quickutz frame die. For the starburst circle, I used this die from Simon Says Stamp. The small banner behind the title is from this die, and the little house is cut with this die.The triangle banners are also cut with a die (I can't find the manufacturer). I then added in little embellishment bits, mostly from Studio Calico (the arrows and wood veneers). I also (of course!) used my Kiwi Lane templates:

  • Paisley Place border strips 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B
  • Strips 1" and 1/2"






So that's my layout for the November sketch for Practical Scrappers. So glad I got to play along. It was fun to create.

If you haven't visited Practical Scrappers yet, you definitely should! There's always something new to see over there...

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...