Tuesday, December 31, 2013

January: Creating My Own Kit

Creating My Own Kit: January 2014 -- www.MightyCrafty.me
 
I had so much fun creating and using my December kit, so I decided to do the same thing for January. I went with a winter theme and built my kit with 90% items from my stash and 10% new items.

With the winter theme in mind, I built the kit around a pack of pattern papers and stickers from Echo Park -- the Winter Wishes collection. I love the colors and designs in this collection.

Creating My Own Kit: January 2014 -- www.MightyCrafty.me

Just like December, this month's kit is a big kit. It's amazing when you go through your stash and see how much you have that will coordinate. I really wanted to pull out lots of items so I would get some use out of them. So this month, I added in some tools to mix -- like an embossing folder and a border punch.

Creating My Own Kit: January 2014 -- www.MightyCrafty.me


Here's what's in my kit:
  • Winter Wishes collection by Echo Park -- includes twelve 12x12 patterned papers, one 12x12 element sticker sheet, one 12x12 alpha sticker sheet
  • 15 sheets of 12x12 cardstock -- blue, navy, kraft, and white
  • 15 sheets of 12x12 patterned paper from my stash -- all in winter themes colors
  • 6x12 white mesh
  • Jenni Bowlin stencil guide
  • Wood stars -- small size from Recollections, large from my stash (source unknown)
  • Six paper snowflakes from Curtsey Boutique
  • Winter embellishments from Jolee's Boutique -- three packs
  • Winter embellishments from Paper House -- one pack
  • Winter glitter snowflakes from Recollections
  • Blue fabric brads from Pebbles
  • White metal frame by Pressed Petals
  • Studio Calico Mistables -- stars
  • American Crafts baker's twine in grey
  • Various blue and purple buttons, brads, and yarn from my stash
  • Chipboard tag embellishments by Teresa Collins
  • White and silver glitter
  • Blue paper polaroid frame
  • Blue shipping tag
  • White rhinestone flowers by Pebbles
  • White canvas tag
  • Three white paper doilies
  • One mistable tag by Heidi Swapp
  • One mistable border strip
  • Two packs of journaling tags by Me & My Big Ideas
  • Fiskars border punch
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder -- swirls
  • Four packs of Thickers
  • Set of two Doodlebug background stamps
  • Two bottles of Studio G glitter glue -- blue and white
  • Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Tinsel
  • October Afternoon Sprinklers in Frequent Flyer and Night Sky
Creating My Own Kit: January 2014 -- www.MightyCrafty.me

Of course, I had to buy a few new things, just to keep things new and exciting.



I bought these from Scrapbook.com for this month's kit:
  • Timbergrove Flair by Fancy Pants Designs: $3.99
  • Lawn Fawn Winter Sparrows die set: $5.99
  • Lawn Fawn Winter Sparrows stamp set: $3.99
  • Creative Impressions Glimmer Brads: $2.99
  • Studio Calico Mr. Huey's Shine Mist: $3.84
Total: $20.80

That's a little more than I should have spent, I think, but I've been dying to create something cute with those Lawn Fawn sets I've been seeing around the blogs. So this month, I'll give it a try. Plus the mist can be used for lots of other projects, so I really should only count a little bit of the cost here. :)

There's more in this kit than I'll be able to use in a month, I'm sure, but I'll give it my best shot. Stay tuned for layouts created with this kit coming up soon...

Have you created your own monthly kit? I would love to see. Please share it here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...