Friday, December 06, 2013

My Second Stitch Fix -- December 2013

My Second Stitch Fix -- Dec 2013 -- www.MightyCrafty.me

I'm loving my monthly Stitch Fix packages. It's such a fun experience, to open up a box of clothes specially selected with your style profile in mind. You get five pieces of clothing and accessories in your fix each month. Then, you just choose what to keep and what to send back. You pay a $20 styling fee for the box each month, and the fee goes toward what you decide to keep. If you keep them all, you get 25% off the whole box.

This month was my second month of getting Stitch Fix, and I loved it, just like I did with my first Stitch Fix.

My Second Stitch Fix -- Dec 2013 -- www.MightyCrafty.me

For each item in the box, they send a style card that shows you two ways to wear it. Love that. Especially helpful for those of us (ahem) who are fashion-challenged.

My Second Stitch Fix -- Dec 2013 -- www.MightyCrafty.me

First in the box was this Wren V-neck Cap Sleeve Jersey Top by 41Hawthorn in burgandy ($48). A gorgeous color. I wanted to love this shirt, but it just looked odd on my busty frame with that layered neck. Whah. It was going back.

Wren V-neck Cap Sleeve Jersey Top -- My Second Stitch Fix -- Dec 2013 -- www.MightyCrafty.me

Next up, this Corinna Striped Dolman Top by 41Hawthorn in green ($48). I loved the feel of this sweater -- so soft! -- but the color was very blah on me. I was torn on this one, but finally decided to send it back. I like brighter colors. I did tell them I would like this in a different color if possible though.

Corinna Striped Dolman Top -- My Second Stitch Fix -- Dec 2013 -- www.MightyCrafty.me

Third, this Ivy Geo-Print Tab-Sleeve Blouse by 41Hawthorn in orange ($68). I loved the pattern and the color on this one but again, my girls got in the way. A blessing and a curse. It was just too tight across the top and across my hips as well. Sigh. Going back.

Ivy Geo-Print Tab-Sleeve Blouse -- My Second Stitch Fix -- Dec 2013 -- www.MightyCrafty.me

The fourth item was this Kieraly Heart Print Short Sleeve Blouse by Danial Rainn in off-white ($68). I loved the print immediately, and I loved how it looked on, even though it is a bit large through the waist. It hides everything though. I definitely kept this one.

Kieraly Heart Print Short Sleeve Blouse -- My Second Stitch Fix -- Dec 2013 -- www.MightyCrafty.me

The final item in the box was a pair of pants -- the Emer High Waisted Cropped Trouser by Margaret M in black ($98). I'm so leary of pants through the mail, since I have wide hips (ahem) and short legs (awesome). And these said they were high-waisted and cropped, which sounded terrible, to be honest. I put them on anyway, and to my surprise, I loved them. I kind of hated that I loved them, since they were $98, but there it is. I don't have anything like this in my wardrobe right now -- and it so happened that I needed a pair of dressy pants for a holiday party coming up this week. So kept them. And I love them.

Emer High Waisted Cropped Trouser (Stitch Fix) and Sequin Tee (Novae) My Second Stitch Fix -- Dec 2013 -- www.MightyCrafty.me

I tried them on here for the holiday party with the Lace Font Tee with Sequin Stripes from Novae Clothing in charcoal ($24 on sale). I love this top! They have lots of other colors too. I'm wearing the XL. Paired with a cardigan, I think this will be a great holiday outfit without freezing my butt off in a dress. Score.

So in the end, I decided to keep just two pieces from this fix -- the pants and the heart top -- for a total of $166. Since there were no accessories this month, this was a pricey box. I did tell my stylist that I wanted to go cheaper next month, just to mix things up a bit. I'm hoping for some more casual pieces. My next fix is scheduled to arrive on Jan. 2, and I am already counting down the days...

If you want to try Stitch Fix, you can use this link, and I'll get a referral credit. I promise, it's fun!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lissa! Wow, you are in Castle Rock? Not too far from me, I'm in Parker! The white trim paint I used on our spindles was here already from the previous owners, and it is Benjamin Moore Regal Classic Semi-Gloss, White N3333 01. I found it at a place here in Parker called Guiry's Paint and Wallpaper. It's spendy, but really does coat well. It's nice and thick! Let me know if you have any more questions! dflanders71@hotmail.com.
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I meant to say that I love that last outfit on you! Really looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Danielle! And thank you for the info on the trim color. A huge help for me. I will see if I can find it and match it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lissa! I know this is an old post, but I'm getting those same pants in my next fix. I'm pretty nervous about them fitting. If you don't mind, would you share your height and what size pants you got? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon -- happy to help! The pants I got are size XL and I'm 5' 4". :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you!! I hope they fit me as well as they do you. On a good day, I'm 5'6".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...